The summer heat is cooling down and the holiday season is getting closer. As winter approaches, cold weather will cause you and homeowners like you to turn on your heater for the first time of the season.
Before you do that, however, you should consider getting a heater tune-up. The best time to get a heater tune-up is during the fall, right before the winter comes in full force. My Guy Heating & Air does furnace and AC tune-ups year round, so if your unit hasn’t been serviced in at least 6 months, give us a call.
Importance of Heater Tune-Up
It is important to make sure your HVAC system is working as efficiently as possible before it goes out when you need it most. Regular maintenance will ensure there’s nothing broken or any problems that could be a hazard to your home and family.
Benefits of Heater Tune-Ups in the Fall
Heater tune-ups are beneficial for the life of your unit and your wallet. Even if you live here in the San Diego area where the winters are mild, it’s still important to do a heater tune up because it can save energy and high bills you can get during the winter.
Here are some of the other benefits of a tune-up:
- The technician can check if there’s anything broken or in need of repair.
- Your hvac system will have a longer lifespan.
- Your heating will have stronger performance.
- You’re at less risk of the heater breaking down in the middle of winter.
Once you have made an appointment to check on the heater, the technician will come and make sure everything is working fine before going through the process of tuning up the heater.
Here are the common practices during the tune-up process:
- The system needs to be checked for air leaks, dust and condensation.
- Inspect and clean the blower system for any dust that has formed.
- Cleaning any dust or dirt that has been collected during the months of no usage.
- Check if the wire components are responding and check if the motor is operating at a normal rate.
- Do a combustion analysis
- Modify or repair any electrical components.
- Make sure there’s nothing blocking the air flow going through the heating vents.
- Check if the furnace filter needs replacing
- Make sure the system is responding to your thermostat.
As the technician is finishing up the tune-up, they will go over the importance of HVAC maintenance. Here are some things you can do on your own to make sure your HVAC is in tip-top shape:
- Replace filters every 30 days.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the ventilations.
- Make sure there’s no gaps that can prevent air from getting in or out of your home.
- Schedule two tune-ups a year to make sure your HVAC system is functioning well or if there’s issues that need to be repaired by a technician.
We recommend you to get a furnace tune-up as the weather gets colder. At My Guy Heating & Air, we provide services in the Escondido area and other surrounding areas. If you’re in need of a heater tune-up, contact us!